Davenport, Bettendorf Announces No Sticker Yard Waste Weeks
The leaves are beginning to fall throughout the Quad Cities which means a lot of residents will be raking their yard before winter comes. To make things easier for the residents of Davenport and Bettendorf, both the City of Davenport and Bettendorf have announced their no sticker yard waste weeks so residents don't have to pay to have their yard waste picked up.
On Sunday, the City of Davenport and the City of Bettendorf announced their No Sticker Yard Waste Weeks. With the leaves falling and residents beginning to prepare their yards for the winter months, the No Sticker Yard Waste Weeks is beneficial to residents because it allows them to get rid of their yard waste for free.
No Sticker Yard Waste Weeks for Bettendorf and Davenport begins Monday, October 25th and ends Friday, December 3rd. For those eight weeks, residents in Davenport and Bettendorf do not need to put yard waste stickers on their paper yard waste bags.
Bettendorf and Davenport residents may also take their yard waste to the Davenport Compost Facility (2707 Railroad Avenue, Davenport) for free during that eight-week period as well.
With Veteran's Day falling on Thursday, November 11th, and Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 25th, recycling, yard waste, bulky items, and garbage, will be pushed back by a day.
If you're a resident of Davenport or Bettendorf, make sure you follow these pro tips when it comes to bagging and bundling yard waste:
- Yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags
- Each yard waste bag cannot weigh more than 50 pounds
- All tree trimmings and branches must be bundled with twine and rope, and not weigh more than 50 pounds per bundle
- Branches must be no longer than five (5) feet
- Branches must be no larger than six (6) inches in diameter
- Bundles should be no more than 18 inches in diameter