City Of Davenport Releases Road Closures Ahead Of The Bix 7 Fun
Bix weekend is right around the corner and to get runners and residents ready, the City of Davenport has released the road closure map to make sure people aren't parked in the wrong spot. We want to make sure you know what's going on, where to park, and everything else to make sure you have a memorable Bix 7 weekend.
Before we give you the low-down on road closures for the Bix 7 this weekend, a reminder to come and hang out with us at the Rock 'n' Roll Mansion this Saturday! Bring the kids, park your car, have some drinks and fun, and have the best view of the 48th running of the Bix 7.
The 48th running of the Bix 7 is happening Saturday, July 30th. The race starts at 8 a.m. that Saturday morning. Starting on Thursday but mainly Friday, the City of Davenport will be preparing for the Bix 7 and closing down streets to do so. On Wednesday, the City of Davenport released the full map of road closures in downtown Davenport to get everyone prepared.
The first road closures will begin on Thursday evening for the Brady Street Sprints. Last year, Brady Street from W 4th St. to Palmer Dr. was closed for those sprints and we can expect the same this year.
Starting Friday, July 29th, the rest of downtown Davenport roads will start to become closed.
Road Closures Starting Thursday
- 2p.m. Thursday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- Iowa St - from 3rd to 4th St
Road Closures Starting Friday
- 9 a.m. Friday - 6 a.m. Sunday
- 3rd St -- from Ripley St to Harrison St
- 12 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m Saturday
- Le Claire St - from 4th St to River Dr
- 1 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- 4th St -- from Pershing Ave to River Dr
- 2 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- 3rd St -- from Iowa St to River Dr
Road Closures Starting Saturday
- 4 a.m. Saturday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- 2nd St -- from Main St to Perry St
- 3rd St -- from Main St to River Dr
- 4th St -- from Main St to Pershing Ave
- Brady St -- from 4th St to River Dr & during the race
- Perry St -- starting at 4th St during the race
- 4 a.m. Saturday - 12 p.m. Sunday
- Iowa St -- from 3rd St to 2nd St.
- 12 p.m. Saturday - 1 a.m. Sunday
- 3rd St -- the west portion of the 100 block of W 3rd St
Bix Block Parties
To find out about all of the Bix Block Parties happening this weekend, check out our Bix Block Party guide here.
The full course map for the 48th running of the Bix 7 can be found here and below:
According to the City of Davenport, parking will be free in all three downtown parking ramps beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 29 through 12:00 p.m. Sunday, July 31. Make sure you have your car moved off of the roads along the course and where roads are closed so your car doesn't get towed.
We'll see you this weekend for the Bix 7.