Iowa Football Tickets and Game Day Updates
The University of Iowa Athletics announced on Thursday updated guidelines for ALL Hawkeye home games this season, along with ticket sales information.
Because of the global pandemic, COVID-19, the University of Iowa has been working out the details for what the environment at Kinnick Stadium on game days would look like.
Iowa will host 5 HOME games** this season:
- Week 1-- Maryland 9/5
- Week 4-- Nebraska 9/25
- Week 5-- Northwestern 10/3
- Week 9-- Michigan State 10/31
- Week 11-- Wisconsin 11/14
**individual game times have not been announced yet
These games will be sold as single game tickets and not as a season ticket. There will not be season tickets or season parking this year, the University announced.
Capacity at Kinnick Stadium will be limited to 10,000 - 15,000 seats per game. Iowa athletics plan to announce the price single game tickets soon-- they will be priced by individual game and section.
Fans can purchase their tickets/seats as best available and will purchase in tickets of 2 or 4 and be socially distanced throughout the stadium.
Parking WILL be sold on a single-game basis with on spot per account and parking lots will be at 50% capacity. Parking lots WILL open 4 hours before kickoff.
As far as guidelines for attending Iowa Hawkeye football games, Director of Athletics, Gary Barta gave fans more information:
- Main stand and premium seating in Kinnick Stadium will follow six-feet social distancing guidelines.
- Fans will be required to wear face coverings and additional mitigation strategies have been implemented.
- All tickets and parking passes will be mobile.
- University of Iowa students will have access to single-game tickets in the student section. The capacity will be limited and distribution plans are still being finalized.
This is a start in the right direction to actually having college football this Fall in Iowa City. Hopefully, the plans and procedures come to fruition and Iowa will host all 5 games this season.
For more information and ticket information, click HERE.