Iowa Brewery Releases Limited Edition Stout Aged in Blaum Bros. Bourbon Barrels
One of the great things about my job and the people I choose to work with is that sometimes, I get unsolicited beer recommendations.
Just a couple of days ago, Brandon Mavis (Front Street Brewery) texted me to say he was at Nerdspeak Brewery and enjoying a fine Barrel Aged Stout. I'm guessing he was rubbing it in my face, but also I trust Brandon's opinion so I know this is a beer I would enjoy.
Second Breakfast (12% abv) is Nerdspeaks anniversary stout and was aged for one year in Blaum Bros. bourbon barrels. It's available now for a limited time. In fact, they only have about 100 bottles left.
Stock up for Thanksgiving.
Upcoming Events to Check Out
- Saturday 11/26 – Frogtown Craft Beer Fest at the Rust Belt 11 am-3 pm TIckets On Sale Now
- Saturday 12/10 – QC Beer Club at Endless Brews 1:00 pm - Join Us!
- Saturday 1/28 – Coralville BrrrFest 1:00-4:00 pm – Tickets On Sale November 28
What's On Tap
- Buffalo Blonde at Green Tree Brewery
- Solitary Man Belgian Style Dubbel at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Blue Blast Sour Ale and Easy Peel (Triple Dry Hopped Strata) Hazy Double IPA at Adventurous Brewing
- 3 Orange Gose Kettle Sour and Jingle Java Holiday Stout at Bent River Brewing
- Watermelon Sugar High Hazy IPA at Blue Cat Brewing
- Rainbow Sorbet Sour, Bourbon Stout, and Fruit Punch Ale at Midwest Ale Works
- The Devils Made Me Brew It Hazy Pale Ale at Stompbox Brewing
- 'Bout Damn Time German Pilsner, Bourbon Barrel Aged Cryptic Chimaera, From the Hip IPA at Rebels & Lions Brewing
- Semper Fi American Amber at Contrary Brewing
- Snickerdoodle Cream Ale at Front Street Brewery
- Lil Smokey Smoked Porter at Radicle Effect Brewerks
Join the Club!
On the second Saturday of each month, local craft beer fans get together at a local brewery, taphouse, or pub to support the local craft beer scene.
QCBC members get exclusive deals on beer during meetups, take part in the six-pack mix-pack bottle share, get chances to win giveaways each month, and have access to discounted and FREE tickets to some of the best craft beer events.
Come make some new friends, and sign up at CraftQC.com today.
This Twitter Account Is Renaming Everyday Objects And They’re Hilarious
We found this hilarious Twitter account called @TheCorrectNames. The account took photos of objects and animals and gave them the "correct name." We couldn't help but laugh when reading through these.
We wanted to share these funny new names with you, so here are 50 things that have been given the "correct names."
(WARNING) Some may be inappropriate.
Signs a Long Hard Winter is Ahead
Have you seen any "evidence" of a harsh winter ahead? Let's take a look at some Midwest folklore stories that could predict how early or rough our winter will be.