Will This Week’s Game Join List Of Coldest In Bears History?
Green Bay might be called the Frozen Tundra but Soldier Field is no paradise in the winter.
Experiencing Winter Weather At Soldier Field
My family has been Chicago Bears season ticket holders for years. I've sat through many games in terrible weather. Especially, at the end of the season. Those winter months can get brutal with the wind off of Lake Michigan. Brett Favre from the Packers has even complained about it and he played at Lambeau Field. I've even been at some of the coldest games in the team's history.
The Coldest Games In Chicago Bears History
At Soldier Field
- December 18th, 1983 vs Green Bay Packers -1 degree (wind chill -17)
- December 10th, 1978 vs Green Bay 1 degree (wind chill -16)
- December 15th, 1963 vs Detroit 1 degree (wind chill -15)
- December 22nd, 2008 vs Green Bay 2 degrees (wind chill -13)
- December 11th, 1977 vs Green Bay 3 degrees (wind chill -10)
- December 20th, 1981 vs Denver 6 degrees (wind chill -9)
- December 9th, 2013 vs Dallas 8 degrees (wind chill -9)
On The Road
- December 3rd, 1972 at Minnesota -2 degrees (wind chill -15)
- November 28th, 1977 at Green Bay 2 degrees (wind chill -16)
- December 10th, 1995 at Cincinnati 8 degrees (wind chill -9)
Success In The Cold Bear Weather
In the 13 games the Bears have played when the game time temperature has been below 10 degrees, they are 8-5.
Will This Week's Game Join Chicago Bears History?
The Bears play this Saturday (on Christmas Eve) at Soldier Field versus the Bills. The weather forecast is not looking good with cold, ice, snow, and wind. The prediction is temperatures with the wind chill below zero. This game could be added to the list of coldest in team history. Unfortunately, there's no Bear Weather advantage because Buffalo experiences the same type of environment.
For more stories like this, HERE.