World Series 2021: Why You Should Cheer For The Astros
The 2021 MLB World Series (and the 117th overall) is less than 5 hours away from first pitch. The Atlanta Braves will face the Houston Astros for the title of "World Champions" in a seven game series-- for the first time in the history of the major four sports leagues, Houston and Atlanta will face off for a championship.
The Braves beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4 games to 2-- winning Games 1, 2, 4, and 6.
The Astros defeated the Boston Red Sox also in 6 games-- winning Games 1, 4, 5, and 6.
HERE IS HOW THE SCHEDULE LOOKS:
Game 1: Braves at Astros, Tuesday, Oct. 26, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 2: Braves at Astros, Wednesday, Oct. 27, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 3: Astros at Braves, Friday, Oct. 29, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 4: Astros at Braves, Saturday, Oct. 30, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 5 (if necessary): Astros at Braves, Sunday, Oct. 31, 8:15 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 6 (if necessary): Braves at Astros, Tuesday, Nov. 2, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 7 (if necessary): Braves at Astros, Wednesday, Nov. 3, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
The Astros are the favorite to win the series at -145. The Braves can be bought at +125.
If you don't have an invested interest, meaning you are not a Braves or an Astros fan, in the winner how about we give you some reasons to cheer for the Houston Astros....
- Enough with the "but they cheated" nonsense. Everyone cheats in baseball. Always have. The roster of the Astors only has 4-- FOUR players from the 2017 World Series Championship team still there. Let it go. They beat the best in the AL to get here.
- Speaking of those 4 players-- Alex Bregman, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, and Yuli Gurriel have the most post season starts for an infield in MLB history. In an era filled with trades, injuries, and free agency that is pretty impressive.
- Dusty Baker is back in the World Series for the first time since 2002, the second-longest gap ever for a manager (Bucky Harris, 1925–47). He's also just the ninth to win the pennant in both leagues.
- ALCS MVP DH Yordan Álvarez went 12-23 with a 1.408 OPS. His .522 BA was an ALCS record, and in the final two games he out-hit the Red Sox, seven to five.
- The city of Houston has gone from a city with sports potential to a city with sports dumpster fires-- Rockets can't handle their roster, the Texans have player, coach, and front office personnel issues and the Astros have the * to deal with. It would be a nice rise from the ashes story and would heal the bruise to Altuve and Correa's legacy in the MLB.
We talked about the World Series and more today on "Don't Hassle Us We're Local."
I think the series is going to be great and one that we can take away as a memorable one. This series should see at least a Game 6-- in not 7.
CLICK HERE TO READ WHY YOU SHOULD CHEER FOR THE BRAVES