World Series 2021: Why You Should Cheer For The Braves
The 2021 MLB World Series (and the 117th overall) is less than 5 hours away from first pitch. The Atlanta Braves will face the Houston Astros for the title of "World Champions" in a seven game series-- for the first time in the history of the major four sports leagues, Houston and Atlanta will face off for a championship.
The Braves beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4 games to 2-- winning Games 1, 2, 4, and 6.
The Astros defeated the Boston Red Sox also in 6 games-- winning Games 1, 4, 5, and 6.
HERE IS HOW THE SCHEDULE LOOKS:
Game 1: Braves at Astros, Tuesday, Oct. 26, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 2: Braves at Astros, Wednesday, Oct. 27, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 3: Astros at Braves, Friday, Oct. 29, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 4: Astros at Braves, Saturday, Oct. 30, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 5 (if necessary): Astros at Braves, Sunday, Oct. 31, 8:15 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 6 (if necessary): Braves at Astros, Tuesday, Nov. 2, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
Game 7 (if necessary): Braves at Astros, Wednesday, Nov. 3, 8:09 p.m. ET (FOX)
If you don't have an invested interest, meaning you are not a Braves or an Astros fan, in the winner how about we give you some reasons to cheer for the Atlanta Braves....
- The Houston Astros are cheaters. It has been confirmed that they cheated in 2017 on their way to winning the World Series. We don't have to go into depth about it-- if you are reading this than you already know.
- 1B Freddy Freeman is one of the most likable MLB players on the planet. Even saying his name is fun.
- The Braves have three rings (1914, 1957, 1995), but haven't made it this far since 1999.
- The Braves bats rake, especially the infield-- Freddie Freeman, Dansby Swanson, Ozzie Albies and Austin Riley are the second infield ever to all hit 25+ HR .
- Speaking of raking-- LF Eddie Rosario went 14-25 with a 1.647 OPS in one of the best postseason performances ever. His .560 BA was an NLCS record and his 14 hits were tied for most ever in a playoff series.
- The Braves didn't have a winning record until their 111th game (56-55) — the deepest into a season any World Series team has gone before getting above .500.
- The idea that Commisioner Rob Manfred handing the trophy over to the Braves is amazing and a story line that has not been dissected-- he took away the All Star Game from Atlanta over political policies during the 2021 season. It would just be awesome-- especially if they won in Atlanta.
We talked about the World Series and more today on "Don't Hassle Us We're Local."
I think the series is going to be great and one that we can take away as a memorable one. This series should see at least a Game 6-- in not 7.