River Bandits Host Future MLB Talent On May Home Schedule
April showers bring May baseball to the Quad Cities. Although the rain may have washed away a few River Bandits home dates so far this season, May will give us 13 home games of Midwest League baseball.
Here is some of the talent that is currently on the roster for the Quad City River Bandits. The Top 30 Prospect Watch is compiled by MLB.com.
QUAD CITY RIVER BANDITS (Houston Astros) *Rank is within organization
- Recovering from Tommy John Surgery ETA: 2022 Position: RHP Age: 19DOB: 12/22/1999 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 2" Weight: 160 lb.Signed: July 2, 2016 - HOUSolis went from working with an 89-91 mph fastball when he signed to sitting at 93-95 mph and touching 97 with late hop and cutting action when he got hurt. He could add more velocity because he still has physical projection remaining and Tommy John rehab often leaves pitchers stronger than ever- he is scheduled to return to action in 2020. His hard slider has the potential to become a plus pitch and he also shows promising feel for his changeup.
- Team: Quad Cities River Bandits (A )ETA: 2021 Position: OF Age: 21DOB: 09/06/1997 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 2" Weight: 200 lb.Drafted: 2018, 4th (132) - HOUOne of the 2018 Draft's best college hitters on the West Coast, McKenna won Big West Conference player of the year honors last spring after batting .339/.424/.506 for Cal Poly. After signing for $430,000 as a fourth-rounder, he posted similar numbers while reaching low Class A in his pro debut.
- Team: Quad Cities River Bandits (A) ETA: 2021 Position: OF Age: 22DOB: 12/17/1996 Bats: L Throws: R Height: 6' 1" Weight: 203 lb.Drafted: 2018, 12th (350) - NYMAdolph rebounded from multiple knee surgeries earlier in his career to lead the Mid-American Conference and set a Toledo record with 15 homers last spring. After signing with the Mets for $125,000 as a 12th-rounder, he led the short-season New York-Penn League in triples (12) and ranked third in OPS (.857). He came to the Astros in January along with second baseman Luis Santana and catcher Scott Manea in exchange for J.D. Davis and infielder Cody Bohanek.
Here are some of the Top 30 Prospects for the May opponents for the Bandits. Get an early peak at the future of the MLB.
Lansing Lugnuts (Toronto Blue Jays) MAY 6 - MAY 8
Alejandro Kirk | Rank: 26Team: Lansing Lugnuts (A) ETA: 2021 Position: C Age: 20DOB: 11/06/1998 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 5' 9" Weight: 220 lb.Signed: Sept. 24, 2016 - TOR
Juan De Paula | Rank: 28Team: Lansing Lugnuts (A) ETA: 2021 Position: RHP Age: 21DOB: 09/22/1997 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 3" Weight: 165 lb.Signed: July 2, 2014 - SEA
Great Lakes Loons (Los Angeles Dodgers) MAY 9 - MAY 11
Josiah Gray | Rank: 17Team: Great Lakes Loons (A) ETA: 2021 Position: RHP Age: 21DOB: 12/21/1997 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 1" Weight: 190 lb.Drafted: 2018, CBB (72) - CIN
Leonel Valera | Rank: 21Team: Great Lakes Loons (A) ETA: 2022 Position: SS/3B Age: 19DOB: 07/09/1999 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 1" Weight: 165 lb.Signed: July 22, 2015 - LAD
Miguel Vargas | Rank: 27Team: Great Lakes Loons (A) ETA: 2022 Position: 3B/1B Age: 19DOB: 11/17/1999 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 3" Weight: 205 lb.Signed: Sept. 7, 2017 - LAD
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Milwaukee Brewers) MAY 24 - MAY 27
Pablo Abreu | Rank: 20Team: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers ETA: 2022 Position: OF Age: 19DOB: 10/19/1999 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 0" Weight: 170 lb.Signed: July 2, 2016 - MIL
Je'Von Ward | Rank: 23Team: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) ETA: 2021 Position: OF Age: 19DOB: 10/25/1999 Bats: L Throws: R Height: 6' 5" Weight: 190 lb.Drafted: 2017, 12th (354) - MIL
- Adam Hill | Rank: 27Team: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) ETA: 2021 Position: RHP Age: 22DOB: 03/24/1997 Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6' 6" Weight: 225 lb.Drafted: 2018, 4th (110) - NYM
Beloit Snappers (Oakland A's) MAY 28 - MAY 30
- NOBODY ON ROSTER IN TOP 30 PROSPECT WATCH