Blue Cat Brewery Gets Back to Basics with a New Beer-Flavored Beer
I had lunch at the Blue Cat Brewing Company today and had their cheeseburger that had caramelized cheese-curds on top. It was messy, and cheesy and awesome!
I paired that with a Just Beer that Charlie brewed up when he was wanting a "beer flavored beer". So many times breweries try and go crazy with the ingredients and flavors so it's nice to get a full flavored yellow beer that isn't trying too hard.
Plus, Alice, the bartender/server/waitress/buslady/entertainer was a treat to have behind the bar and running all over the place. She was working hard but still had a smile on her face.
In other beer news...Reserve Artisan Ales is having their Grand Opening event this Friday, February 4th from 5-11:00pm – Come try a few of their first beers, a full bar featuring signature cocktails, and their self-pour draft wall in their new space in downtown Galesburg. They'll be having giveaways every hour and providing tours of the brewery for the public. Cheers!
- Reclaim Hazy IPA and Side Effects Hard Seltzer at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Thirsty Panda American Pale Ale at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- Fruitloose Blueberry Sour at Five Cities Brewing
- Cinnamon Adventure Barrel Aged Stout at Adventurous Brewing
- Cure for Pessimism American IPA, German's Chocolate Cake Brown Ale and Rum Barrel-Aged German's Chocolate Cake at Contrary Brewing
- Apricot Hefeweizen at Front Street Brewery
- Hazed and Confused New England IPA at Geneseo Brewing Co.
- Sacred Geometry Hazy Pale Ale at Stompbox Brewing
- QC Haze IPA and Blueberry Marshmallow Sour at Bent River Brewing Company
- The Van Daele Red Ale at Midwest Ale Works
- British Steel English BItter and Crossing Streams Fruited Sour at WAKE Brewing
- The Man in Black American Black Ale at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Cheech’s Peaches Sour and Bagholder Porter at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- Flavor Your Own Seltzer's at Nerdspeak Brewery