ESPN To Air NBA 2K Featuring NBA Gamers
In the pandemic crisis we are currently in, the sports world is trying to find new ways to create content an to entertain sports fans. We have brought to your attention the MTV The Challenge and Big Brother:The Big 3. Now the NBA is getting on board.
Piggy backing on the success of NASCAR's iRacing format that has been televised the past two weekends, the NBA announced on Tuesday a “NBA 2K Players Tournament”.
The NBA 2K20 gameplay tournament between will be competed by 16 current NBA players. ESPN will air the single elimination tournament over 10 days, starting Friday April 3rd. The winner will be crowned the ultimate NBA 2K20 champion and select a charity beneficiary to receive a $100,000 donation from 2K, the National Basketball Association and the National Basketball Players Association in support of ongoing coronavirus relief efforts.
The 16 player tournament has been seeded based upon two criteria: (1) NBA 2K rating and (2) the player's tenure. Rounds one and two will be single elimination, with the semifinals and finals running best of three.
1. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (96)
2. Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks (90)
3. Hassan Whiteside, Portland Trail Blazers (87)
4. Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz (87)
5. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns (86)
6. Andre Drummond, Cleveland Cavaliers (85)
7. Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls (85)
8. Montrezl Harrell, LA Clippers (85)
9. Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers (85)
10. Deandre Ayton, Phoenix Suns (85)
11. DeMarcus Cousins (81)
12. Michael Porter Jr., Denver Nuggets (81)
13. Rui Hachimura, Washington Wizards (79)
14. Patrick Beverley, LA Clippers (78)
15. Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings (78)
16. Derrick Jones Jr., Miami Heat (78)
The first two rounds will be single elimination games. The semi-finals and the finals will be best of 2 out of 3 games.
The tournament preview show will air at 6:00 PM on ESPN followed by the first round match up between (1) Kevin Durant and (16) Derrick Jones Jr.