Get A 2022 Iowa State Park Passport To Win Prizes From The Iowa DNR
Summer in Iowa means camping for many families in the state. For those who don't this may be a great reason to venture into the great outdoors. The Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR), is bringing park its Iowa State Park Passport. It's a great challenge for families to see as many parks as they can in Iowa which could score them some cool prizes.
It's back! The Iowa DNR has brought back the Iowa State Park Passport with new prizes and opportunities to enjoy state parks in the Hawkeye state.
The Iowa DNR says that park visitors are encouraged to sign up for the 2022 Iowa State Park Passport and make it a family-friendly challenge to visit and track visits to more than 60 parks and forests featured on the 2022 pass. There are a few state parks in Eastern Iowa that are within a short driving distance of the Quad Cities.
When you visit these state parks and track them on your Iowa State Park Passport, you're also giving yourself a chance at prizes from the Iowa DNR.
From July 1 through October 31, 2022, visitors can check-in for a chance at these prizes:
- The first 500 people to 5 check-ins earn $5 off a camping night in a state park or forest!
- The first 75 people to 10 check-ins get a free t-shirt (limited sizes available)
- Grand prize drawing of a three-night cabin stay at Pine Lake State Park!
There are also monthly drawings during the months of July, August, September, and October. Those prizes include:
- 5 prizes of one-year Iowa Outdoors magazine subscriptions per month!
- 1 gift basket of outdoor goodies and gear from the Iowa DNR, valued at $25 each month
For passport holders who participated in 2021, last year's passport will expire. The 2022 passport offers the opportunity to start over with all new check-ins between July 1 and October 31, 2022, for prize opportunities. Learn more and sign up here.